Email marketing is a business that is quickly on the rise. While that means it is the perfect time to get started, it also means there is a ton of competition. So, you have to set your offerings apart from everyone else. While this seems overwhelming, simple steps can significantly transform your business. For instance, learning to create a good lead magnet is a fantastic way to gain dedicated subscribers. So, this list of tips is here to help take you to the next level!
What is a Lead Magnet?
A lead magnet is a marketing tool that provides something in exchange for a subscriber’s contact information. Ultimately, it gives value to your potential subscribers at no cost.
Considerations when Creating a Lead Magnet
When learning to create a good lead magnet, keeping several aspects in mind is crucial.
- Concise: Your lead magnet must get to the point or offer. Your audience is busy, so they only have time to read a few words.
- Provide Value: Lead magnets need to apply to your audience. So, this needs to be a resource, tool, or valuable information they can apply to their lives.
- Trustworthy Improvement: Honestly, there are many options for whatever people seek. So, you need to show how your products work well. This means your lead magnet needs to be successful. You will gain the trust of your subscribers when they know your products and services are valuable.
- Immediate Offer: People are busy. They do not want to wait 24 hours to receive something they sign up for. So, give the people the instant gratification they want as quickly as possible.
- Relevancy: If you advertise educational support but have a lead magnet about tools, you will lose your potential subscribers. Your lead magnet must be relevant to you, your offerings, and your subscribers. So, make sure to do your homework and offer something that your viewers want.
- Intriguing: Your lead magnet should balance enticing your audience and not giving away too much for free. It may offer a great product with some features but requires someone to buy the full version to access all the greatness. In other words, you want to provide something really valuable and helpful that has the potential to generate sales. So, when learning to create a good lead magnet, you want to find that balance.
Creating Your Email Opt-In Form
Now that you’ve gained more confidence in how to create a good lead magnet let’s look at the email opt-in form. Ultimately, the opt-in form conveys the benefit of your lead magnet and entices people to put in their contact information. Once they do, they will receive the lead magnet.
- Hooks Viewers: Your email opt-in needs to make the big benefit of your lead magnet stand out.
- Concise Description: Like the lead magnet, the email opt-in needs to be brief, clear, and to the point.
- Visually Appealing: Whether you’ve been in email marketing for one day or a few years, you know the importance of aesthetics. So, there needs to be a visually appealing image that catches your viewers’ eyes.
- Simplicity: I cannot stress this enough. People want to keep information private in an email opt-in form. Do not ask for more than a first name and email.
- Subscribe Button: Be sure to have a subscribe button that stands out. If people cannot quickly find it, they will find what they came to your page for elsewhere. You may even pop up the subscribe option to ensure no one misses it.
Be sure to check out Ways to Grow Your Email List with additional ways to secure contact information!
After learning how to create a good lead magnet, you may be overwhelmed. Luckily, there are fantastic resources to help you! For instance, the Email Start-Up Package helps create everything you need to get started.
My clients are loving Flodesk right now.
Create beautiful and straightforward emails in minutes.
You will love it! With my affiliate link, you can save 50% off for your first year.
The One Hour Zoom Training Coaching Session provides fantastic guidance if you’re just starting with email marketing or need additional support. Likewise, the Live Email Training shows how to maximize your earning potential.
Honestly, these are amazing resources to help you learn the ins and outs of email marketing! This will save you hours of time and stress!
The right email marketing can drastically grow your business. People will be excited to follow and learn from you when done right. However, if you overwhelm your followers or they don’t gain trust in you, they will quickly unsubscribe. Thankfully, learning how to create a good lead magnet and email opt-in will help ensure you do it right! You will gain dedicated subscribers who know they can count on you.
If you want all email marketing tips, join my email list to be notified of all exciting products, offerings, and tools! By joining the email list, you will also receive freebies for blog exclusive subscribers!
This post contains affiliate links.